May 2018 – details tbd
Altogether plan on raising $1,600 in support per person. This covers airfare, lodging, meals, transportation, interpreter, and a steady supply of hard candy from Jay. You can learn more about where we stay – check out Base Camp here. Wanna go? Contact us to learn more.
May 12 – 19, 2017 Trip Highlights
We acquired our first piece of land in Haiti! It’s where the Tabarre (Damier) church currently sits. We hired surveyor to survey land and had it notarized and registered with the government. So the land now officially belongs to Vision Church, Haiti! The name “Vision Church” was approved by the government and recognized as formal church movement.
We are also close to having the required funds to begin the process of purchasing a second piece of land upon which our Tabarre (Duclos) church was built.
We were/are in prayer about fourth church plant in city of Canaan, which is on the outskirts of PAP near Titanyen. We began to evangelize area and found some land where we believe the church could be established.
- Pastor Gefrard’s graduated from seminary! We paid for his graduation ceremony and diploma and had a big celebration at the church in Petionville.
- Bought 10 goats for families in the church in Diklo to raise to generate self-sufficiency as well as generating income for the church to continue building and planting. Goats are sold for meat after they have a litter. How much does a goat cost in Haiti? The price ranges from $50 – $125.
- Purchased 10 full bibles, 32 new testaments with psalms and 2 study guides for pastors
- Bought car battery; alternator; wiper blades, repaired tire for pastor Rosinel’s car (he is primary driver and interpreter for all trips).
- Visited Bertinede. Her children are constantly hungry and have a hard time concentrating in school. We learned that much of her meager income goes to paying for her kids to take a tap-tap to school. We donated some money to help feed the family and pay for the “school bus” rides.
- Officially sponsored 5 more student’s education
- Got pictures and bios of 5 more students in need of sponsorship
Past Trip Video Slide Shows