From the beginning this ministry was powered solely (or maybe “soul-ly”) by the prayers and support of our family and friends. As the needs increase we hope to have an ever-growing circle of partners. We cherish your prayers and notes of encouragement and would also humbly accept your financial support. We are currently in need of sponsors for children to attend school and we would like to raise $20,000 to support building, land and school projects. You can read below for more information or click here to donate to the general fund now.
Sponsor a child from Vision Church to attend school
|Meet Maveline. She is 7 years old,
likes dolls, and her favorite food is
peanuts. She has a sister named
Lovena and lives with her mother,
Silencia. Maveline’s father is not with
her family. He is currently living and
working in Chile.
Education in Haiti is important yet elusive. Education is not free. Almost all schools are private and charge a tuition and require student’s to purchase books and uniforms. Many families are forced to choose between feeding their children or sending them to school. You can’t even imagine how grateful these children and their families are to have the opportunity to attend school. It’s like night (no school) and day (school!) for them!
We currently have 9 children sponsored (yay!) and have photos and bios for 4 more who need to be sponsored in order to attend school. Child sponsorship costs $250/year and covers tuition, uniform, lunch, books, notebooks & pencils. This comes to about $21 per month per child. Sponsorship includes a photo, periodic updates, and the chance to visit your student(s) in person! We are currently sending the children to a local private school, but once we have enough sponsored students and raise some more support we hope to start a Vision Christian school (see below).
Help Us Create Vision School
This project is so economical for us because we can use our existing Church building for the school. And unlike the public schools, our kids will have the chance to learn more about Christ and grow in their faith. Donations to our School Project will help to cover:
- Building a simple bathroom
- Teacher’s salary
- Classroom materials (chalk boards, wall charts, pencils, notebooks, etc.)
- Facilities upkeep
Church Building Projects, Facilities & Land
We have three churches that are all in varying degrees of being built. Some of our current needs include:
- Buy land & build “Church on the Hill” (Vision Damier). We would like to buy the approximately 1/5 acre lot we are currently leasing and the begin to build a more permanent structure. You can read more about the church here.
- Building & land for a possible fourth church in Titanyen.
- Permanent bathroom for Vision Diklo. Have you ever been to a church without a bathroom, outhouse, or even hole in the ground? We have and it’s a challenge to say the least.
- Other facilities and upkeep items for the three churches.
Some photos of the temporary church in Damier…