Dear Friends & Family,
I realize that I didn’t properly thank some of you for supporting Megan and me for our first trip to Haiti last October. That trip had a tremendous impact on us, and God has been tugging at our heartstrings ever since to continue serving people in impoverished nations to the best of our abilities. Megan is served in Mexico this summer and I would like to return to Haiti in November.
So much has happened for me since our first trip. Here’s a quick summary:
- I built a website visionchurchhaiti.org that describes the ministry and opportunities to support it.
- I am continuing to learn the language (Haitian Creole).
- I read three amazing books about medical, financial, educational and spiritual plight in Haiti and about the ongoing practice of child enslavement.
- Our family sponsored two children to go to school.
- I helped to start fundraising for church buildings, a school and student sponsorship.
- We had a supporter sponsor four more children to go to school!
My next “mission” is to go back to Haiti to get bios and pictures for all the children who need school sponsorship and to meet the children who are already being sponsored. I also want to start learning more about the education system in Haiti so we can start planning our own Vision Church School. I hope to visit the sponsored children at their school and meet their teachers to learn more about their present situation and curriculum. We also hope to visit Respire Haiti, a model Christian School (and much more) in a town called Gressier about two hours west of Port-au-Prince.
The trip is scheduled for November 3 – 10, 2017. My financial obligation for the trip is $1,600. This includes airfare, ground transportation, room and board, security and translators. Any extra funds received will be put towards relief projects, church building and orphanage needs overseen by the Foursquare Church in Haiti.
Would you please pray for me and also consider helping with financial support? (click the red DONATE button on this page) Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to sharing more pictures and stories after the trip.
Bondye beni ou (God bless you),